Image Map

Thursday 11 February 2016

Beautiful Make-Up I'm 'Saving For Best'

You know those beauty products you buy or receive as a present that are just too beautiful to use?
If you're a make-up addict then you'll know what I'm talking about. 
It's not like I forget that these items are languishing away in their drawer...you'd best believe I know they're there. I just take them out every so often and look at them, lovingly.
Yeah, I know how that sounds but sure look. 
I can't finish that sentence.
Anyway, I thought I'd show you my "saving for best" products today with the idea being that I'll actually start using them and make 2016 the year I use ALL the gorgeous make-up I own! Please do let me know in the comments what your "saving for best" products are (if you have them and are as much of a weirdo as I am, obviously).

beautiful make up

YSL Rue De Babylon Radiant Blush
This came out a couple of years ago now and himself bought it for me for Christmas. I kept saying I was going to use it but kept not using it because it's almost too perfect to ruin with the swirl of a brush. The outer packaging! The heart shaped blush! Swoon! No more though, this beauty of a pink blush is going straight on my cheeks! Maybe not straight away, I might stare at it a little while longer..baby steps after all!

YSL Rue De Babylon Radiant Blush

& Other Stories Blush
I bought this online when & Other Stories first launched because, obviously, I couldn't not buy a neon pink blush embossed with a quote from Romeo & Juliet. The packaging is a bit battered at this stage but I have serious love for the inside; it is after all, what counts. I'm not sure if I will even use this one because I'm horrified at the thoughts of losing my favourite line from The Nurse. 

& Other Stories Blush

Urban Decay Full Frontal Lipstick Stash
My sister bought me this last Christmas and I kinda stared at it open-mouthed with a plan to swatch them all and then post about it so I could actually wear them but you know how it is, I'm wary of breaking the surface on these little cuties and ruining them! This is a frankly, stunning set containing six shades of Revolution lipsticks from neutral to fuchsia to a classic red. There's also a 24/7 Glide On Lip pencil in Ozone, the brand's bestselling clear shade, designed to prime and line the lips. Some pretty awesome (and racy) lipstick names in there too; Ladyflower, Gash, Crush, Liar, F-Bomb and Illicit.

Urban Decay Full Frontal Lipstick Stash
Urban Decay Full Frontal Lipstick Stash

L'Occitane Arlésienne Beautifying Powder
Another sister bought me this last year and as with all the other beautiful things I own, I fell for the vintage style bottle and iridescent pink powder and promptly put it away safely, away from my greedy little paws. But no more! I will be taking this out and delicately settling the powder on my skin for a post tan sheen. Lovely.

L'Occitane Arlésienne Beautifying Powder

Benefit's World Famous Neutrals.
Four neutral powder eye shadows (Call My Bluff, Gilt-y Pleasure, It's Complicated and Kiss Me, I'm Tipsy) and two cream shades (My Two Cents and Birthday Suit) presented in a vintage style book pretty much ticks all the boxes for me. I even photographed these to blog about but of course, I couldn't face ruining such a gorgeous set so this was left to wait patiently. I'm looking forward to creating some fab smokey neutral eyes with this though, watch this space!

Benefit's World Famous Neutrals

beautiful make up

Do you also own and love any of these?
What are your "saving for best" products?!
XX

6 comments:

  1. That Urban Decay set has me swooning! I don't think I keep any makeup for best really - maybe I should start! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chloe they are all beautiful. I don't really have any make up that I save for best. I suppose I do try and ration my best foundations just because I can't afford to be wearing them everyday! Chanel I'm looking at you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh these are lovely! I'm glad you're going to use them though, I love Sali Hughes' thoughts on 'saving' stuff, she thinks it's ridiculous (things can go off and it's such a waste). Make every day a pamper day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're all so gorgeous, the L'Occitane stuff is so pretty! The packaging! I have a couple of things I save 'for good' - mainly my Hourglass primer but I think it's starting to go funny in the bottle so I may whip it out soon. So to speak. I don't use my Charlotte Tilbury quads much either, must start x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all so pretty! The & Other Stories blush looks incredible :-)

    ReplyDelete