Image Map

Tuesday 19 January 2016

Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cream | Review

This was one of my many recent Sephora purchases and a successful one at that! It was on my to-buy list before we went to New York after reading lots of great reviews. 
Kate Somerville is the founder of a Skin Health Experts Clinic and the owner of a range of clinic-developed and tested products, loved by celebrities. Made with the highest quality ingredients, not tested on animals and winners of several prestigious awards, this is a super fancy brand but is it worth its hefty price tag?

Kate Somerville Goat Milk

Obviously, there's a huge range of products, for different skin types and ailments but I'm all about the dry skin solutions so I was immediately drawn to the Goat's Milk cream. This is a restorative moisturiser to soothe dry or damaged skin and costs a princely $65. 

The primary ingredients are the aforementioned Goat Milk which is rich in natural lactose to soothe and moisturise. Grape Seed Extract is a natural antioxidant, designed to neutralise free radicals.
Naturally soothing Aloe is there to calm the skin and finally, Jojoba and Avocado to hydrate, condition and smooth.

Recommended use is twice a day on clean skin. On first use I was a bit confused, the consistency feels quite light and initial application is almost like putting moisturiser onto wet skin. I was all "HOW is this going to absorb?" and yet after just five seconds of massaging, there it was, my skin was soft and the cream was as one with my skin, as if by magic. 

Yes, it is witchcraft, sure look at the packaging!

Kate Somerville Goat Milk

My skin has been super happy with this since I've been using it (almost two months now). It feels like a fancy version of a dermatologist-created moisturiser; as in, it's good quality but isn't just for show like a lot of skincare from big cosmetic brands. There's no heavy, cloying scent and it's comforting whilst being effective. For me, I'll always mix and match my skincare, it's kind of my thing, so I'll happily spend more and also less to find the best products out there. 

Big thumbs up for Kate Somerville, only problem now is that I want several other products from the brand. 
Eep!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds great! I'm hoping to pick up some KS buts when I'm in the U.S. later this year! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, you definitely should! There's some fab products in the collection! xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds seriously lovely, great review Chloe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try Kate Somwerville and this sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete