Image Map

Thursday 5 November 2015

American Drugstore Haul!

Last week I went through what I bought in Sephora and Ulta (HERE) and today I'm looking at the slightly more affordable bits and pieces I picked up whilst Stateside!


I love a bit of Revlon and their lipsticks in particular; this Super Lustrous Shine in Plum Velour is gonna be an Autumn/Winter winner I think! I really like this Photoready Eye Art Duo also; one end is a cream metallic shade and the other is a glitter liner. Festive party season, here we come! Speaking of perfect Autumn/Winter lipsticks is this Smart Shade Butter Kiss from Almay. They all looked gorgeous but I got the shade Berry.

Burt's Bees is a lot cheaper over there so I got a Wild Cherry Lip balm for about $2 and this Lip Crayon in Napa Vineyard for about $8 ( I think). I love their balms- they're super moisturising, perfect for Winter. The Lip Crayon is surprisingly pigmented but a bit drying, so I'll be combining it with the aforementioned balm! I also picked up a set of four of the balms in lovely flavours and a couple of EOS sphere balms, all to give as gifts, so I won't show them to ye here. I'm mentioning them just to point out how much better value they are over there; the EOS balms were two for $7, far less than what we pay here.


I can however show you this EOS Hand Lotion which was again only a few dollars. This is Berry Blossom; it smells divine and feels super moisturising.


I also wanted to try a drugstore foundation and CoverGirl seemed like an obvious choice. This is a hydrating foundation, perfect for dry skin. This is actually really nice on but you need to add a bit of glow yourself as the foundation is a bit on the flat side. Still, very good quality for $6.

Ulta had a massive NYX stand and being honest, I've never actually found a properly stocked stand at home. It was a struggle just to decide on the two things but I plumped for a High Definition Blush in Taupe (which is always out of stock in Dublin) and a Gel Pencil Liner in Brown, because I'm obsessed with smudgy brown liners at the minute.

Speaking of brown liners, I really liked the look of this brand, Flower in Walmart. It turns out that it's actually Drew Barrymore's company and having bought this Kohl Liner in Espresso and Blush/Bronze Duo in Gloriously Golden, I kind of wish I'd bought more!

I had this Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser for Dark Circles and struggled to find it over there. I have the regular concealer of this- this one is a brightener/illuminator and only available in America.

I hadn't seen these L'Oreal Visible Lift Blur Blushes over here so I said I may as well try one. I got it in Soft Peach

I really like this Essie Autumn/Winter collection so I went for a beautiful dark plum shade, In The Lobby.



I found a full ELF stand but there was nothing I really wanted other than a few brushes, so I picked up a fan brush, an eyeshadow brush and a Blending Eye Brush. They were all 1-2 dollars each.


Lastly, is this ridiculously cute mini pot of Vaseline Rosy Lips, which, if I'm honest, I only bought because of how dotey it is. Squeeee!!!

Let me know if there's any of these that you'd like to see reviewed in more detail!
XX

7 comments:

  1. Love it! When I eventually make it Stateside I will do so much damage in the drugstores! I'm intrigued by that L'Oreal blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I could have done much worse but I reeled it in! My bank account is so grateful that I did!

      Delete
    2. I bet it is! I just spotted that Essie shade there, it looks GORGEOUS!

      Delete
  2. I quite love the NYX gel eyeliner pencil. The brown is such a great every day shade that I don't need to get the black one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love brown eyeliners, obsessed with them lately! I think they look so much more natural than black :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh loved this post!! Great picks Chloe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks! Will start individual reviews soon! x

      Delete