Image Map

Wednesday 16 September 2015

My U.S Shopping List!

All going well I'm off to New York at the end of the week (I say all going well because I haven't been feeling the best this week and I have notoriously bad luck when it comes to health and holidays. Keep all your extremities crossed for me!) If we do in fact make it on board the plane, I'll have this little list in my bag for what I want to pick up while over there. Let me know if there's anything I MUST add as I trust all of you fellow beauty addicts to steer me through the maze that is Sephora!


First up, I will be buying a perfume rollerball as I think they're super handy and readily available in the states. I spotted Orla from Make Up Over Mind talking about Nirvana by Elizabeth and James and as luck would have it, it is available in rollerball form. 
If I like it, it's coming home with me!

I've seen so many people raving about the Lorac Pro palette that I have to see it for myself! I didn't buy the new Naked palette so there's definitely room in my life for more eyeshadows (there's no room at all really but sure let's keep the pretence going).

I will of course be buying a blush or two as I am a blush fiend and Milani baked blushes are supposedly the business. I haven't featured any lip products here but sure you know yourselves, I'll no doubt be stood there in the aisle with about about five lipsticks in my hand trying to figure out what to get. Desperate.

These are only small but I really want to try some eye masks and Sephora have a whole range of these handy little fellas!

The Kate Somerville Goat Milk moisturiser is pricey for sure but it might just be the Holy grail cream my dry skin has been looking for. Watch this space..

There's loads of different products in the Living Proof Perfect Hair Day range but this 5 in 1 styling treatment looks ideal in that it smoothes, adds volume and shine and repairs damaged hair. 

The last three there basically mean I'll be doing a big old Kat Von D haul. I'm not massively into full coverage make up but I have been thinking recently about going back to Estée Lauder Double Wear and sure if I'm thinking that I may as well try out the Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo foundation and Waterproof concealer
I also want a goo at the Tattoo liquid liner and the Waterproof Autograph eye pencils.

Other than that I'll also be looking at the Becca under eye concealer, all things Tarte and some Anastasia brow stuffs. 

I will of course also be hitting up Kate Spade, specifically the main store in NYC and an outlet near Boston. I don't necessarily want these specific things, this is more to illustrate all the many wonderful things I could lay my hands on!


Although you'd best believe I'll be hunting down the 'New York Library print scarf' there, bottom left! I also really want that 'Cold Hands Warm Heart' thermos but I'm hoping to get it a bit cheaper than it is here. 

With the exchange rate being as poor as it is at the minute I'll only be buying things we can't readily get over here and I'm limited by weight as we'll be driving for a good bit of our trip and I'd rather not be dragging around a big mad heavy case* so if you think I shouldn't bother with any of those beauty bits, do let me know and help me save my cents and dollars!
XX



*by that I do of course mean that himself will be dragging my case. Let's be realistic!


8 comments:

  1. I love that "Cold Hands Warm Heart" cup, it's a hugely popular saying in our uber-cool family so Howya Santa. All extremities crossed that you make it on board the plane, even if only so that I can shout "She got on the plane!!". Love a bit of wishlist action x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought that Kat Von D foundation a few years ago when I was on Florida. I love full coverage foundations but it is seriously thick and heavy duty - the heaviest coverage I have ever used - I never thought I'd say this but it might even be too thick for me! I'd try get a tester or give it a go in Sephora before you splurge because I don't know how you're going to feel about it! It is also the least waterproof foundation I have ever used! I find it dissolves of water touches it (even a rain drop!) and it melts away in the heat too.

    Up high on my wish list are the Kat Von D Shade & Light Contour Palette and Eye Contour Palette, Becca's Champagne Pop and some of the Anastasia Liquid Lipsticks.

    I'll have everything crossed for you! Enjoy your trip. I'm not even a little jealous ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! The new Hourglass palette looks fab if you don't already own some of their blushes & powders. I'd go crazy for Kat Von D stuff - he shade & light eye contour palette is amazing!

    Fingers crossed you are well enough to go xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Kate Spade list!
    http://ladiesandcroissants.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, love that shopping list! I so badly want to try that Kate Sommerville cream!

    Alex | PinkElephantBlog

    ReplyDelete
  6. The scarf and the flamingo bag!!!! Oh my hope you get them...

    ReplyDelete
  7. have a great time chloe! love your shopping list, id love to try out kat von d make up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so very jealous of your trip and the list is great. I know if I was going I would be spending a fortune in Sephora and the like. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete