Image Map

Sunday 18 May 2014

The Goodreads Tag

I was tagged by the lovely Kate of Ruby Duchess to do this post and as I recently wrote about why I love Goodreads HERE, I thought this might be a nice way to follow on from that.


You can read all about Goodreads in that post so for now, on to the questions!

What was the last book you marked as read?
One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories by B.J. Novak.


What are you currently reading?
Well the answer to that is long but basically I read books in a few different ways. Of actual real life books that you can hold, I'm reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Gretel and the Dark, and The Wasp Factory. On kindle I'm reading Fangirl. On my phone I'm reading Dubliners and Mrs Dalloway and on Audible I'm listening to The Stand and The Lemon Grove. I try and fit as many books in as possible because I want to read so many, I have to always have a few on the go!


What was the last book you marked as to-read?
The Bonfire of the Vanities.


What do you plan to read next?
 Divergent by Veronica Roth, Longbourne by Jo Baker and of course, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.


Do you use the star rating system?
I do but I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's rare that I think something is bad enough to deserve less than 3 stars but what I would class as 3 stars and what I class as 5 stars varies wildly so often times something mediocre will get a three and something really good gets a 4..it doesn't seem like the most accurate way of measuring that but I guess that's where the reviews come in!

Are you doing a 2014 reading challenge?
I am indeed! I'm aiming to read 60 books this year. I'm at 18 at the moment but I've loads of time! Within that I have a few personal challenges. I want to read the Harry Potter series, read more graphic novels and of course, get through my piles of unread books I already own. I also want to read more classics, in particular, Joyce.

Do you have a wish list?
No but I really should make one. Would be fierce handy for anyone stuck for a birthday/Christmas/anniversary present, eh hubster? (he's actually never stuck, he somehow has some weird unagi present-buying ability especially when it comes to buying me books).

What book do you plan to buy next?
I saw a truly beautiful edition of the Woman In Black on instagram the other day so I'm very tempted to get that..even though I already have a copy. I know. I need to catch a hold of myself.
I also just bought "I Quit Sugar" on The Book Depository so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on that!


Who are your favourite authors?
Kazuo Ishuguro, Margaret Atwood, David Sedaris, Donna Tartt, Ian McEwan, George Orwell, Stephen King, Daphne Du Maurier, Tana French, Jeffrey Eugenides, Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, Sylvia Plath, to name a few! I'm sure there's plenty more I can't remember right now!

Have you joined any groups?
I haven't. Maybe I should..and maybe I will at some stage!

I tag anyone who'd like to do this post too, in particular:

Breige from Rare Opal
Sharon from Behind Green Eyes 
Roisin from Cuti-Clu-Les

XX







6 comments:

  1. Glad I'm not the only person who has several books on the go at once! How are you liking Fangirl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really liking it so far! Yes, I was delighted to see in your post that you always have a few on the go too :)

      Delete
  2. I really love these posts. I love finding out about new books. I loved the Divergent series. Read them in 3 days on holidays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Sinead! I can't wait to read Divergent series, I've borrowed the 2nd book, just waiting for the 1st one to free up in the library!

      Delete
  3. I wish I could read several books at once but I just don't seem to be built for it. I get too caught up in one and have to get to the end and find out the whole story ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That also happens sometimes! I'm almost finished The Stand and have spent the last few days only reading that!!

      Delete