Image Map

Friday 16 May 2014

Pharmacy & Boots Haul!

Yeah so I went to the pharmacy to pick up some more heat wraps for my back (they're not pictured here but I did get them, I promise!) and this happened. Meagher's pharmacy on Upper Baggot St is actually brilliant. It stocks Burt's Bees, Roger and Gallet, This Works, Clarins, Lancóme as well as the standard pharmacy brands like Rimmel, Revlon, Catrice etc. 
I always pop in there because they have a special offer section, where I got this Garnier dry shampoo and the L'oreal fibrology serum, which I will be reviewing soon. 
This time I got the Garnier Ultimate Blends conditioner for dry/frizzy hair for €2.75!!!! Containing coconut oil and shea butter, this smells amazing and I'm hoping it'll do wonders for my hair, which is also why I bought the 1 minute avocado oil and shea butter treatment from the same range. This was slightly more expensive at €4.68 but both were well reduced and I'm delighted with my little hair bargains! 
I also got the Eyelure double lashes set because I can never find them anywhere! €8.99 for two very natural sets of lashes, these are also a bit of a bargain. I've a few events coming up so I'll definitely be making good use of these.
Lastly from Meagher's, I got this tinted lip balm from Burt's bees. Confession, I've never tried anything from BB's before and gave a little squee when I saw these at the counter. Review coming soon!


Then I had to check out the reduced items in Boots, because, well it would have been rude not to.

There I found Soap & Glory Bright here, Bright Now for €10.65 (reduced from €15.99). I saw this reviewed on The Beauty Fairground yesterday and as I've just finished my Clarins FlashBalm I thought this might be a good alternative, considering the price difference. I'll do a full review once I've given it a good trial.

I love the Kate Moss for Rimmel lipsticks so I had to try this Eyeliner gel in Emerald (€5.49 down from €8.99) and Kate Scandaleyes mascara in Jet Black (€5.99, down from €9.49). Both will also be reviewed!

Have you tried any of this lot?
Thoughts?
XX

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I love it already! I've been wearing it non stop since!

      Delete
  2. Must pick up the new Garnier shampoos, they are on offer in the local pharmacy here too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They only had conditioners & treatments when I was there but the shampoos are supposed to be good too!

      Delete
  3. I actually haven't tried any of the things, except the lashes (they're great!!). That soap and glory balm looks fab! x

    Alex | PinkElephantBlog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm liking it so far but will have to give it a bit longer to have a proper impression I think! Yeah they're great lashes!

      Delete
  4. I've tried the natural lashes and they're the only brand I like to use now! I've tried two Burts Bees lip balms and I do love them but the price tag is a bit steep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BB's are on the pricey side alright but I do think they're worth it. Love the lashes too! X

      Delete
  5. Quite the haul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bargain Hunter! I love the look of that Burts Bees balm :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely!! My lips are feeling great from it :)

      Delete
  7. I have that Kate mascara but haven't tried it yet, look forward to hearing about the Burts bees balm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really liking the mascara and the BB's balm! Will do full reviews soon :)

      Delete
  8. Love the garnier ultimate blends shampoo makes my hair so soft and manageable! Great bargains! Adele acesparklestar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adele! Looking forward to trying them out! :)

      Delete
  9. Looking forward to the Kate mascara review! On a bit of a mascara obsession at the mo :)

    sineadaloftus.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really liking it I have to say! I'll have the review up on Monday! X

      Delete
  10. You'll love the burts bees.my lipbalm from them is nearly gone.I'd forgotten they did a tinted one.must try those garnier shampoos.everyone seems to be talking about them.oooh and not featured but those thermacare heat wraps are the business....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving it already, so moisturising and I love the pink tint! The thermal are wraps are the business! Pricey but they were reduced as well so not so bad! :)

      Delete
  11. i just gor Clarins beauty flash balm in 30ml in set to try it out, because always i wanted to try not spending a fortune first. So looking forward for review of S&G balm :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Clarins Flash balm so much!! I don't think this will be a good enough dupe for it but I am liking it so far!

    ReplyDelete