Image Map

Tuesday 11 March 2014

Tourists In Our Own City

Every so often we like to pretend to be tourists and explore our great city a bit more. I have a real love affair with Dublin and could happily stroll through its beautiful streets every weekend discovering new places and new things and so this weekend we headed off to Temple bar to do just that. We would generally shy away from Temple Bar as it is so very touristy but there's little gems if you look properly. Here's a few snaps from our stroll- brunch and book shopping included!

Beautifully colourful street art
Very yummy brunch from Dux & Co.
Temple Bar book market
Would you just look at the covers on these?!! SWOON! Available form The Winding Stair bookshop, one of my favourites.
Three books for a tenner from the book market..hurrah!
Never gets old..

We have lots more fun things planned for Paddy's weekend which I'm very much looking forward to. Do you ever like to explore your own city like a big mad tourist too?!
XX




14 comments:

  1. I love having a random walk in corners of Dublin I have never been to! I always find the best little shops and cafes! Haven't done that in ages though so will definitely try to get out during Paddy's weekend :)

    alex @ http://pinkelephantbloggin.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yay! It's a fun way to spend an afternoon! x

      Delete
  2. i do this all the time, Such a good idea. Either walking down a different street and going into shops you've never been can open up a whole new world. It's so easy to just stick to what you know but I'm all about trying something new..such a brilliant post and fab pictures x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boyfriend and I used to do this quite a bit a few years back, I used it call it being a local tourist, I did a few blog posts on it before. I love the idea of it, as so often you never explore things local to you, especially touristy destination. I had friends stay with me from America and it was one of the best weeks I ever had, I brought them around local places and it was lovely. Now that I've moved, I need to start exploring this area myself!

    Love the book covers above too and the street art

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did it a good bit last year too and did actual tourist things, like the zoo, the city bus tour and Dublin castle. Will definitely do some more when the weather gets better again! Love Dublin so much though, such a great city. I'd imagine you could explore London forever too!

      Delete
  4. Love reading these kind of post. I was in Dux & Co before Christmas, we had the whole place to ourselves, BYOB and the food was relish. Lovely place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a lovely little spot isn't it? Massive portions too!

      Delete
  5. I wish I was able to travel to Dublin more, I live in the very very very bottom of the country down in West Cork. I have been totally spoiled living surrounded by open space and beaches, and love to explore more urban places. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh West Cork, you're so lucky!! Such a beautiful part of the world! xx

      Delete