Image Map

Wednesday 12 March 2014

New! Garnier Ultimate Blends 7-in-1 Dry Shampoo

I'm a big fan of dry shampoo, it's gotten me out of manys the bind. When I say that though I really mean it's sorted me out on those mornings when I wake up, can't face getting up for a shower, press snooze and sleep for another 15 minutes. A few sprays of dry shampoo and my hair looks fresher, has a bit more volume and makes me look a bit more put-together. I've used Batiste for the last few years but when I saw that Garnier has a new one out (and was half price) I was intrigued. 

New! Garnier Ultimate Blends 7-in-1 Dry Shampoo
Really liking that 70's esque font on the bottle too. Groovy. 


The brand describes this new range as having 7-in-1 properties, which are as follows; 

  1. Instantly cleanses
  2. Absorbs grease at the roots
  3. Lightweight feel
  4. Hair feels supple to the touch 
  5. Hair easy to detangle
  6. Blissful fragrance
  7. Leaves no visible residue
I find that brands usually have all sorts of grand promises but actually I agree with all of those. In my head I was comparing it to Batiste the whole time and thinking that although I really liked this one, it wasn't giving me a huge amount of volume in the same way Batiste does. But then I realised that it actually doesn't say that on the Garnier bottle at all, so it really does what it says on the tin. My hair definitely feels fresher when I use it and praise be- there's no residue!! It actually comes out clear. The residue is one thing I really dislike about Batiste so I would have loved this one for that reason alone except that I also love the scent; this one is 'vanilla milk' and smells a bit like a peachy/vanilla mixed with lilies. Lovely. 
Price wise, this was reduced to €4.99 for 150mls from €6.99. For the original Batiste scent you'll pay €3.99 for 200mls, so obviously that's a better saving but I think I'll continue to buy the Garnier one from now on, as long as I can find it at the reduced price! They also have a Green Tea scented version, so I'm interested in trying that too. I just think it's a better product and leaves my hair looking, feeling and smelling better than the Batiste does.
Have you tried this newbie from Garnier or are you a die-hard Batiste fan? Any better options out there you think I should try?
XX

22 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting I always buy Batiste dark brown but am open to other good dry shampoos, just couldn't survive without one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy the Batiste brown too but I've used the regular one and the blonde ones too and they all leave residue, which just wrecks my head! (pun intended!)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Hey irish bloggers, I suppose I can now say 'fellow' iris bloggers haha today I have finally gone ahead with making my own blog, sorry to be 'advertising' my blog on here but it really would mean a lot to me if anyone who sees this would support me and help me and my blog grow! Thanks for reading! http://trulybeauty97.blogspot.ie/?m=1

      Delete
  2. That sounds really good, I use Batiste too but absolutely hate the scent! I really want to try a different one...

    alex @ http://pinkelephantbloggin.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a go, I was on the look out for a new one too but the other ones on the market are either really pricey or cheap and poor quality- i thought this was a good middle of the range option!

      Delete
  3. Wonder will they start stocking it in Penney's, normally Garnier is cheaper there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hopefully! I'll be keeping an eye out for sure!

      Delete
  4. Oh this sounds really interesting, must keep an eye out for it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the packaging of this one, reminds me of old fashioned products from the 80’s/90’s!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must get this! I like Batiste but definitely am open minded about trying other dry shampoos (which at this stage, i couldn't live without!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same, it's definitely a stable item for me too!

      Delete
  7. I'm off to the shops tomorrow to try and find this, wish me luck! That was a great post lady, didn't know that this was out at all! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely and god speed with the looking! xx

      Delete
  8. I must check this out - I've run out of dry shampoo so I can jsutify the purchase (yipee!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the green tea one and it's pretty good. Deffo not volumising like the batiste as you say but not as powdery and still soaks up the grease. It smells really fresh too but I think I still prefer the Batiste! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'll still use Batiste for adding volume but I'll just use this one for everyday use- work etc, it just leaves my hair feeling nicer I think! xx

      Delete
  10. I use batiste dry shampoo, didn't realise garnier did one too! Will defo be picking this up next shopping trip.
    Adele
    acesparklestar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not a fan of the Garnier version I have to say.

    Boots have a new dry shampoo which I found surprisingly good http://renovatinglpa.blogspot.ie/2015/02/dry-shampoo.html

    ReplyDelete