Image Map

Thursday 20 March 2014

Eve Lom Signature Facial | Best of Beauty

The topic for this weeks best of beauty challenge is your favourite beauty treatment and for me it's all about the facial/massage combi. This is actually a blatant cheat this week because I wrote a whole post on this over a year ago now, when I experienced the treatment for the first time (oh yes, it's an "experience") but as I've been again over this past Christmas, I thought y'all wouldn't mind too much if I popped it up here again for this. I can safely say it's the best beauty treatment I've ever been for and probably ever will go for too! Heaven..


The Eve Lom Signature Facial (90 mins, 140 euro). 
Oh dear Lord. I can't even explain how fantastic this was. There's a load of steps to this so I'll do my best to list them as contemporaneously as possible. 


First, you go into the relaxation room where you chill out and have some herbal tea.
Once in your treatment room you have a consultation with your therapist. To start the treatment, you get a rather fabulous back massage and then lie on your back on the heated bed (divine). Then the legendary facial begin; the skin is cleansed with the Eve Lom cleanser- this is so lovely, like a much fancier version of the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. I reviewed it HERE. This is gently massaged in and then removed with a hot muslin cloth. 


Next a paraffin wax mask is applied (sounds a lot scarier than it is), which heats the skin and opens the pores. The mask is then peeled off and the therapist can work on any blemishes you may have; blackheads, spots etc. I won't lie, this part was uncomfortable and I was concerned I'd come out looking a bit banjaxed but my therapist THEN put on the really gorgeous Eve Lom lavender and camphor Rescue mask, which really calmed my skin down. This was then taken off with a hot chamomile soaked muslin cloth and a cold compress was applied, to refresh the skin and close the pores. My therapist also tried out the Eve Lom "Dynaspot" (spot treatment) for me AND she even put lip balm and eye cream on too. 

Now that is a facial.

If you're interested in getting this for yourself or a loved one (would make an amazing Mother's Day gift!) then check out Revive. They do a whole range of treatments there and stock Essie polishes for manicures..yay!
I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with for this post! If you want to see every one else's favourite beauty treatment, check out Samantha's blog All The Buzz for a full list of the bloggers taking part!
XX

19 comments:

  1. Ooooh, that sounds fantastic!! Would definitely give this a go! It's going on my special occasion / birthday gifts list :)

    alex @ http://pinkelephantbloggin.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely one for the special list alright!

      Delete
  2. Jasus that sounds like a treatment and a half. I don't think I could fork out that much money for it (Imagine the things you could get for that much money in Boots!?) but it does sound like a proper wishlist thing. Lovely to read about the fancy things out there! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never actually paid for it myself as it's always been a gift from my sister for Christmas. That said though, I'd happily splash out as a treat once a year. Sometimes spending money on something like that every now and again is completely worth it, if it sorts your skin out and makes you feel ten times better! I could spend the same money on a load of stuff from Boots but there's never a guarantee that the things I'd buy would all be as successful as the treatment is!

      Delete
  3. Aw this just sounds like pure heaven! The paraffin wax mask sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wowsers I love a facial, this one sounds so luxurious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice as a rare treat Sarah, best facial you'll ever have!

      Delete
  5. This sounds fabulous. All kinds of layers to this treatment. My only concern is I wouldn't have the patience to sit there that long... haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to just relax completely and get absorbed in what's happening! It's so relaxing! Lovely to shut off for a while :)

      Delete
  6. I'm the same, seriously can't beat a facial/massage combo! This place looks amazing!! Wonder if I can put it on my wedding gift list?! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see any reason why not!! You'll need to de-stress after the wedding! ;)

      Delete
  7. Sounds amazing, Eve Lom products always look so luxurious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her range, if I could afford it I'd buy her cleanser all the time!

      Delete
  8. I'm so wanting to try out anything by Eve Lom, you all make it sound so luxurious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've loved everything I've tried from the brand, it's all really comforting and effective.

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete