Image Map

Thursday 6 March 2014

Best of Beauty: Dior J'adore L'Or

Week 5 already, eh? Madness!! For this weeks best of beauty we're looking at a "princess" item, or in other words, your one favourite higher end product. I racked my brains a bit with this one but eventually realised it could only be one thing; my Dior J'adore L'or perfume

Recycled photo from the original blog post. No idea why I'm clutching it like an award..although it does have an "Oscars" quality to it with all that gold..

I'm a huge perfume lover and tend to focus that adoration on Dior and Chanel. This, however, is a pricey addiction and so it's left to my long suffering husband to provide the beautiful scents for birthdays, anniversaries etc. My wedding perfume was the original J'adore, which was the perfect choice- it was a warm and sunny day and J'adore is a classic romantic scent; a delicate fruity/floral that didn't overpower me thanks to its timeless qualities. 
Last year then for our one year wedding anniversary, himself bought me the much more concentrated version of J'adore, J'adore L'or. Just for background purposes, I had been going into Brown Thomas and House of Fraser on the regular and covering myself in this for the two months prior to our anniversary, such was my love for it. But at around the €117 mark for 40ml (I know) there was absolutely no way I could afford to buy it for myself. After no doubt listening to me banging on about it for aaages, I was, to my absolute joy, presented with this on our anniversary. Such a wonderfully thoughtful gift! I've used this practically every day since last August so I now only have about a quarter left and will have to start rationing it, otherwise I won't make it to next August and my new bottle (himself is delighted that he's sorted for anniversary present ideas for life), which would be a travesty!

I actually wrote a full review of this perfume last year, which you can check out HERE, if you're interested in base notes and all that jazz! Let me know in the comments what your own princess item would be, lets all enable each other!
XX

12 comments:

  1. Can I borrow your husband for a while?

    The perfume sounds gorgeous, and I love the bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the award style photo and your nails! I've never had a Dior perfume, must have a sniff of this

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so trying to concentrate on the perfume but YOUR NAILS in this pic!! Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this perfume but I still don't own it, I just always spray it whenever I see it in a department store - how sad haha! :) x

    CatherineSarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous perfume and stunning nails to match my dear..what a fab pressie to get, you'll get one every year now he knows you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your nails are perfection! I love J'Adore, went trough bottles of the stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to have this perfume & loved it! The bottle is so gorgeous & I adore the scent! Must buy it for summer! x

    alex @ http://pinkelephantbloggin.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the original one! I always feel so good when I where it

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not much of a perfume user lately but I get the need to have a certain scent at any cost.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds amazing, it's a great anniversary present to get :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh a perfect princess product! LOVE LOVE LOVE! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had a sample of this a while back but it didn't smell as good on me as it did on other people :(

    ReplyDelete