Image Map

Friday 10 January 2014

My Top 13 Beauty Products of 2013!

I've already shown you my Top 13 Books of 2013 and I'm now finally getting around to showing you what my favourite beauty products of the past year were too. To be honest, I could probably have gone for a top 15 or even a top 20 at a stretch but I held back! Thank the sweet lord says you, otherwise we'd have been here all the live-long day. Anyway, to the beauty goods:

Best beauty products 2013

  1. Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Balms. I feckin' love these things. I started off with Plum Russian (review HERE) and have since picked up Red Island too. Gorgeous shades, highly pigmented and soft on the lips. Plus, bargaintastic! 
  2. Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan. I've gone on about this stuff all year long but basically, it's changed how I look at self-tanner. Easy to apply, no streaks, long lasting and natural looking and again at a great price. Full review HERE.
  3. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on eye pencil in Corrupt. I haven't actually reviewed this yet but since I bought it last month I've already used over a quarter of the pencil; it's taken over from my liquid eyeliner, which I practically never use anymore. This is a rich chocolate shade with a light shimmer that works perfectly with blue eyes. it's soft and smudges nicely but then stays put. Love it.
  4. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. Another one that I've been raving about but this is my official Holy grail concealer. Review HERE.
  5. YSL Babydoll Mascara. I'm a big fan of the original shocking mascara but gladly gave this fella a try this year instead. Review HERE.
  6. LRP Cicaplast Baume B5. This was an absolute skinsaver after a lengthy stint in hospital left me looking like an old crone. I now use it for everything; it is the perfect multitasking product and I firmly believe every home needs one! Mini review HERE.
  7. Eve Lom Cleanser. I love this stuff. A cleansing balm/oil hybrid, this thing feels like some sort of heaven on your face, like a mini spa treatment. Lovely stuff, although horribly expensive. Review HERE.
  8. Nars Voulez Vous Couchez Avec Moi, Ce Soir Palette. Oh Nars, you have a special place in my heart. Look at it there, gorgeous. I've used this every day since I got it (in November/December, I don't remember) and love it so very much. Two blushers and four eyeshadows make for the most perfect palette I've ever used. That's right, this is the one. I'll have a more gushing review up at some point in the not-to-distant future.
  9. Topshop Cream Blush in Head Over Heels. These things are deadly; gorgeous shades, easy to apply, well pigmented. Review HERE.
  10. Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm. Officially my favourite lip balm (for now at least), I've worn this every day this year and it's kept horrid dry lips at bay. Full review HERE.
  11. Clarins Lip Perfector Gloss. A gorgeous, glossy pink that softens the lips as well as making them look shiny and plump, this is a real gem of a product that I will definitely be buying more shades of. Full review HERE
  12. LRP Cicaplast Hands. I haven't reviewed this yet but I've been using this non stop for the past two months and am loving it. I'm already on to my second tube and it's helping both me and himself to keep our paws in good condition after hand washing/alcohol hand gel has taken its toll. It's non-greasy and sinks in immediately- something I look for in a good hand cream but rarely find.
  13. Trilogy Rosehip Oil. My skin tends to veer on the dehydrated side and this little beauty has been a godsend for me. I reviewed it in full HERE
And that's the lot! Let me know in the comments if you've tried any of these yourself and what would make your own list?
XX


19 comments:

  1. Great choices, I've a few favourites here as well. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have loved Cocoa Brown all year round, top product of the year I think! Lovely picks :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too, it's one of my most consistently used products of the whole year I'd say! Xx

      Delete
  3. Great list Chloe and a couple of mine made it in there too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every product on your list I either have tried and loved or want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must try the Topshop cream blush, great post hun X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, they're well worth trying- they all look a bit scarily bright in the pan but blend out nicely. X

      Delete
  6. Love the post!! Some things to add to my "little" (haha!) wishlist!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god, don't talk to me, sure my own wish list is massive too! X

      Delete
  7. Some lovely looking bits there... I might have to check out that eyeliner as I'm just about of run out of my old favourite Rimmel one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I actually really liked the Rimmel scandal eyes this year too! X

      Delete
  8. The reve du miel is one of my picks as well! I really want to try those Bourjois pencils

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best lip balm! Almost out of mine so I'll have to order a new one straight away! X

      Delete
  9. I will for sure, just have to remember to take photos of it when it's actually on my face! X

    ReplyDelete