Image Map

Saturday 28 December 2013

Relaxing Christmas Treats From Lush

I know this is a little late to show you Christmas products, but if you happen to be in town doing some sales shopping over the next few days then it would be well worth your time popping into Lush for a couple of nice treats to finish your Christmas break off in style. 
We recently had a weekend away (more on that in another post) and as is traditional now for us, I stocked up on some lovely Lush bath stuffs to add to the general vibe of relaxation. 

Lush Bath products

First up is the Lush Melting Snowman Christmas Bath Melt. Fragranced with cinnamon, clove, patchouli, benzoin, lime and sweet wild orange oils, this actually smells amazing. A comforting Winter scent that is really good for your skin, as it also contains sweet almond oil, cocoa butter and Shea butter. When you drop it into your bath, the hot water melts those butters and oils, leaving your skin super soft and moisturised. Plus, he's super cute. This little guy is limited edition for Christmas, so pick him up while you still can!
Along with the bath melt, I added in the Fizzbanger bath bomb, there in the middle, which has a beautiful combination of toffee, apple and cinnamon, again a lovely Winter scent (although this isn't actually a limited Christmas edition, I just thought it went well with the snowman!). This is supposed to "Whizz, Bang, Pop!" but in reality it wasn't quite that dramatic, instead it gently broke down in the water, changing colour and emitting its lovely fragrance. It has got a little surprise in the middle, which you'll have to check for yourself! It contains Petitgrain, Ylang Ylang and Cinnamon Leaf oils. Fun fact too, this is inspired by Roald Dahl's book, the BFG!



Lastly, for the shower (although it can obviously be used in the bath too), I picked up a bottle of Rose Jam, brought back by popular demand by Lush. Containing vanilla pods, goji berry juice, argan oil, organic rose absolue and geranium and lemon oils, this is a heady mix of fruit, floral and Turkish delight that I could not stop smelling in the shop! It's a really unusual scent that both wakes me up in the shower and stays on my skin, without drying it out. 

There's lots of other lovely relaxing products in store and if you're feeling a bit of Christmas fatigue* then you'd definitely benefit from a nice soothing bath.
XX

*Caused by eating and drinking too much and staying up late to try and catch Santa out..that could just be me though.

6 comments:

  1. Ooh the melting snowman looks way to cute to melt haha, Id say it smells lovely !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I felt really bad about it and then once he goes in the water, his eyes melt so it looks like he's crying :(

      Delete
  2. Mhmm, the rose jam shower gel smells so yummy! Whenever I smell it I have an overwhelming urge to taste it but I'm fairly sure it will taste of soap :P

    http://pinkelephantbloggin.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the melting snowman this year myself! I have to say that Floating Island is still my favorite bath melt. I didn't know about Fizzbanger, but the descriptions sound yummy. I have to see if it's available in the U.S. stores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is available in the US as far as I know! Haven't tried floating Island, will have to check that out!

      Delete