Image Map

Thursday 12 December 2013

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree..

I am all over the Christmas spirit this year. For me, it's the first time in the past few years that I've really been able to participate in the festivities and enjoy everything, so I'm making the most of it! I've bought my Santa slippers, my blood is 80% Starbucks Christmas coffee (Gingerbread mostly..nom) and the tree is up. I didn't write a post about our tree last year but I bought some quirky decorations this year and a few people have asked about them, so here they are!

(The first three are Paperchase decorations and are three for two in Arnotts)
That's right, it's a Flamingo. What your tree is probably missing. What has this got to do with Christmas, you may ask? Pretty sure there was a Flamingo present in the manger. Just saying.
Santa IS my hero, though. Look at him there, with his cape. Awesome.
Super glitzy white deer.
Geisha from the Carolyn Donnelly collection in Dunnes
Vintage style deer from the Carolyn Donnelly collection, Dunnes.
These guys are just a big box set of baubles (available in different colours) from Penneys. Super cheap but look how glisten-y!
These aren't new but are my favourites so I thought I'd pop them up anyway. That's a mini snowman snowglobe from my sister, a special couples decoration from my sister-in-law and a little pig-fairy from my mum.
Ah look at her there, in all her tacky glory.

Have you found any cute/quirky decorations anywhere or are you steadfastly avoiding all things tacky?
XX


16 comments:

  1. Your tree looks gorgeous!! Love the flamingo! x

    http://pinkelephantbloggin.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tree! Why the hell do I not have a pig fairy on mine?! Hahaha I am LOVING that white glittery deer!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Love the glittery deer too, he's in pink as well as far as I recall and they had turquoise versions in dunnes!

      Delete
  3. I love these! And your tree isn't tacky at all, it's fabulous! I had photographed my fav decorations, they will be on the blog in the coming days so keep an eye out! :) Ho ho ho! xxx

    www.squidgymoments.ie

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOOOO need the flamingo!! I might try get one, even though there's no tree at mine this year. For the future you know! Was also planning on making Christmas jumpers, I have a robin I cut out 2 years ago that I haven't gotten around to sewing onto a jumper but I had a flash of inspiration to make a Christmas Flamingo jumper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an amazing idea and I support you wholeheartedly, given how much we both love flamingos, for no apparent reason :)

      Delete
  5. Your tree is gorgeous! Haha I knew Breige would be all over that flamingo :D My old tree went out with the wrapping paper last year after 8 years of good service, this year we don't have space for a big tree with baby stuff, so we have a tiny little 3ft tree from Tesco with very few decorations on it and no space for my collection of gaudy angels! I did go all out with a mantelpiece garland that any gypsy mansion would be proud to sport, so I'm happy out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha! That sounds lovely in spite of your colourful description! I've always wanted one of those mantelpiece garlands, I will eventually buy one!

      Delete
  6. Need the flamingo decoration. Flamingoes are one of my favourite animals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tree is gorgeous, my tree needs some flamingos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I FINALLY got my grubby paws on one of those Geisha decorations after doing every feckin Dunnes in Limerick. I maaaaay have also picked up a few other Carolyn Donnelly bits too. Em, a Santa, a pastel blue reindeer, a robin & a snowball with red snowflakes on it. I am blaming you for the spending, you showed me the Geisha and I was powerless against it's cutsey tackiness. In my defence though, they had 20% off. I have never heard of Carolyn Donnelly before, but I'd happily kit my kitchen out in all her stuff, so much cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should've said, i would've picked one up for you and posted it down!!! I love the CD range too, so many lovely things...sigh.

      Delete