Image Map

Saturday 21 December 2013

Danger! Cosmetics To Go; Lush Launches A Book!

Recently I was delighted to attend the launch of "Danger! Cosmetics To Go", a book written by Mira Manga, chronicling the origins of Lush, or more accurately, the company that came before Lush and lead the way in terms of ethically sourced/produced beauty products.


Cosmetics To Go was particularly well known for its iconic range of catalogues, using vibrant graphic design that helped capture the fun, youthful side of the company. Below is a page from the book with a compilation of some of the catalogue covers. Mira worked hard to collect newspaper cuttings, film archives and interview old employees over the course of two years and this is the result, a fascinating look at a brand from start to finish. 


Personally, I think that's what I enjoyed most about this, I'm obviously a beauty junkie so for me I found it really interesting to look at the full history of a company like this; how it was put together, the marketing, different ranges of products and the catalogues themselves, which have a lovely nostalgic feeling. They were very much of their time and it's been lovely to see people speak so fondly on twitter about their favourite products from that era.

My personally signed copy

If I could try out any of the ranges mentioned in the book, it would definitely be "Forces Favourites", inspired by wartime pin-up girls and including cold cream, liquid stockings and red lipstick. Very much my cup of tea!

The pages are pretty much all like this- colourful and jam-packed, there's something to look at on every page.

If, like me you are a lover of all things beauty-related then this is definitely for you and I also think it'd make a great gift as it is the perfect coffee table book. I've been loving picking it up now and again and having a flick through it, discovering something new each time.

This is available now from Lush stores (unsurprisingly!)
XX

5 comments:

  1. As a Lushie I have the book, but its lovely to see good public reactions. :) Thanks for the lovely enthusiasm! Mira really did put her heart and soul into it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment, really pleased you enjoyed the post! x

      Delete
  2. That book looks awesome! Must see if I can get a copy of that, looks really interesting and I love the artwork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely check it out, it's so cool! X

      Delete
  3. Aha! I was looking for this book's image for work and look whose blog shows up!! Great photos hun xx

    ReplyDelete