Image Map

Wednesday 16 October 2013

Shopping My Stash: Benefit Hervana

I've had Hervana for ages now but have probably only used it a couple of times..I know, sinful. The reason for this was that while I liked this blush, I didn't feel like it was doing a huge amount for me. I don't like to have to work too hard with my blusher, I feel like it should just do the job without too much of a hoo-hah. That's right, I said hoo-hah. 

Benefit Hervana

Anyways, I've seen a lot of positive reviews of this lately so I said I'd give it a proper chance and I popped it on today, with surprising results. Firstly, it's very aesthetically pleasing. I mean, look at it close up:

Benefit Hervana
Swirly.

I mean, seriously. That's just stupidly pretty. The economy may be doomed but at least we've got fancy looking make-up, am I right? Don't answer that.
The box comes with a mirror in the lid and a little slanted brush, although I'm not sure most people use them, they probably are handy for travel purposes. I do worry how well the actual cardboard box will hold up however.
So in there you've got four shades that you swirl together with your blusher brush and apply for a "heavenly flush of enlightenment" apparently. The four colours- lucky shell, divine peach, heavenly rose and berry delight are designed to blend together perfectly and I would definitely agree with that. It also has a fairly noticeable scent to it- like sweets. Once it's on the cheeks, it looks like a very pretty, natural pink with a light iridescence. 

Benefit Hervana

So I'm converted. It is a very lovely blush, pink and pretty and definitely no fear of anyone mistaking you for a scary clown when out and about. It's subtle, is what I'm trying to say. What I didn't like about it originally is that I felt it wasn't pigmented enough but on reapplication, I found that building it up a couple of times with a light hand produced the desired effect.
The downside is of course the price. This'll set you back around €28.68 HERE on look fantastic. I think that may be slightly better than in store and it's certainly better than Asos. While, yes, that is fairly pricey for a blush, especially given the fact that there's a recession on, as aforementioned, it will last you donkey's years (technical term). I've had blushers from Benefit that I've used practically daily that kept going for over a year so I'd expect the same from this.

Have you tried Hervana? Are you a fan of Benefit's blushers?
XX

32 comments:

  1. Love this blush on you!! And you are gorgeous, them cheekbones! Stunner! ;) will be adding this to my to get list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Sarah! You'll give me a big head! Xx

      Delete
  2. Looks lovely on you, I put this on again today, it's just such a good blush! Having had it over a year now, I can tell you the cardboard actually holds up surprisingly well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks gorgeous (and so do you obvs). I had the same issue with Sugarbomb, I loved it at first then went off it because it didn't seem to be doing much, gave up on it and tried the Bourjois cream blush. I gave the Sugarbomb another chance thought last week, and I think I've fallen in love with it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Gail! I've heard good things about sugarbomb actually, it looks lovely too.

      Delete
  4. This blush looks so lovely on you!! I love this blush, one of my favourites from Benefit! I love going through my makeup to find long forgotten items - it really is a bit like shopping :P

    http://pinkelephantbloggin.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah I'm always finding things that I forgot that I had! I should do it more often- I once bought the same mac lip glass that I already had at home in a drawer..doh!

      Delete
  5. I haven't tried this blush but everyone seems to really like. It's now been added to the wishlist xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! Glad I could be of enabling service! X

      Delete
  6. It looks lovely on you! This has been on my list of things to buy for ages but blush is the one thing I may actually have too much of! You may be persuading me though :)

    http://polishedandprimed.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh sure I have a stupid amount of blush, I can't help it though, I'm drawn to it!

      Delete
  7. I am ashamed to say I've never owned a Benefit blush :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they're the best out there by any means, there's a lot more affordable options, I just went through a phase a few years ago of being all "benefit blushes, oooh!!" Etc. ;)

      Delete
  8. I've never been drawn to this blush but it looks really lovely on you. I'm addicted to Coralista!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I like coralista too, lovely shade! x

      Delete
  9. It's so pretty on your absolutely stunning cheekbones! I've never tried this blush before will have to check it out the next time i'm at the Benefit counter x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Definitely worth checking out! x

      Delete
  10. Let me tell you a funny story. I haven't tried this but saw it frequently mentioned on the likes of Beaut.ie. For some reason I thought the blush was called 'Havana' but that people called it 'Hervana' as if pronouncing it in a funny accent as some kind of 'in' joke I didn't get. Months afterwards someone posted a photo of it and I saw that it was legitimately called Hervana. The shame.

    Benefit products never wow me enough to justify the price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha! That's brilliant! :D
      I know what you're saying and to be honest I wouldn't spend that on it now either, just purely because I have seen what that price will get you from another brand.

      Delete
  11. I have this blush but haven't used it in ages, I think I got a strong scent from it, can't remember but it is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't smell that strong once on the skin, it's probably just me being hyper sensitive! ;)

      Delete
  12. thank's for your information and i really like for your share

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its really pretty on you. Benefit blushes are so cute, its hard to choose one when you are standing in front of them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah I know what you mean, I used to buy them or got them as presents a lot a few years back so I've tried most of them, they do tend to be very pretty just a bit pricey I guess!

      Delete
  14. That’s so gorgeous on you Chloe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a big hoola fan but after this review it would be great to try this shade! I've got a benefit gift set for my bday and went for hoola blush cos I knew I liked it! Next time I'm trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning on you! I've been resisting since it came out, but I still really really want it! :/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hmm... this post gives me an urge to buy some pretty make up. I really don't need anything at moment, but it is nice to have something pretty...

    ReplyDelete