Image Map

Thursday 24 October 2013

Bourjois Color Boost Glossy Finish Lipstick in Plum Russian

Well that's a mouthful. I've made my feelings for Bourjois perfectly clear with THIS POST so naturally  I couldn't wait to get my hands on their version of the lipstick/balm/crayon that's been doing the beauty rounds for the last couple of years. They already brought out a Summer edition of these but I didn't pick any of them up, purely because I felt the colours weren't anything new, I had a lot of corals, pinks and peaches on the go already and so I was sensible and put my wallet away. Then came Plum Russian, a stunning dark berry shade that actually sheers out to a very wearable dark plummy pink on the lips. I had to have this and eventually tracked it down. 


It screamed Winter to me and because Mac's Rebel is already my favourite lipstick ever, I knew I'd love this. Really it is a balmy, glossy version of something like Rebel. I'm not sure I'd ever describe it as a lipstick though, as even though it is very pigmented, it requires little in the way of effort to apply it, it isn't hugely long wearing and it definitely doesn't make as much of a statement as a lipstick with a bit more substance might. That all sounds like a lot of negatives, I know but really it isn't. As I said, I wanted something like Rebel but in more of a balmy format and this is it. 


I throw it in my bag, top up whenever (which is actually a good bit; don't be expecting this to last through coffee, food and definitely not a bit of smooching, cause it won't) and I don't need to worry about it wearing off unevenly or transferring to my clothes or onto my face. Also, sometimes you don't want to make a big statement with your lips but without compromising on colour and I think this is a good option for those days.


Lastly, it feels very moisturising and comforting on the lips, again, like a lip balm and it smells amazing- like cherries! This is €10.99 and can (sometimes) be found in your nearest Boots.

Have you tried any of the Colour Boosts from Bourjois?
XX

27 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shade, looks stunning on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloomin' gorgeous colour on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bought this last week and I haven't stopped wearing it. It's the perfect coloured balm for winter.
    Looks fab on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm such a fan of these! This is stunning on you - I might need to invest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, seriously considering picking up a red of these too, love the formula!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous colour! You look stunning as always in the picture :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it's beautiful! I am loving this shade now and usually I'm not bothered with lips

    ReplyDelete
  7. That shade is so perfect for you! You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, I need this in my life and on my face, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh...pretty, inspires me to get on the more fall/winter looks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I picked up the red in this but really want the plum now!! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. this shade is so perfect. looks lovely on you.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowsers! Stunning shade and not a bad price. Looks really nice on ya! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It is a great old price alright, I'd say I'll be gone through it in no time though, wearing it constantly! xx

      Delete
  13. *gasp* such a gorgeous colour. I need it immediately!!!

    ReplyDelete