Image Map

Thursday 17 October 2013

Ali Mac Skincare

Relatively new skincare brand Ali Mac deliver products as nature intended- you won't find any parabens, synthetic perfumes, preservatives or SLS's in any of their products and they don't test on animals. All of that is pretty much music to my ears. My skin tends to veer on the dry and sensitive side so I try and put the best possible ingredients on my face..it makes sense really! Given this, I was delighted to receive a sample of the Chamomile Face Balm and the Hydrating Face Mist from the brand to try out and I also received a second Hydrating Face Mist at a blogging event so I've been comparing the two. Here's how I got on:


Rose and Camellia Face Mist & Chamomile Face Mist (not pictured)
The purpose of both sprays are to tone and hydrate, recommended use is after cleansing but they can be used at any time really, and are great as a little pick-me-up, sprayed throughout the day (I found them particularly helpful during that crazy heat we had this Summer). The rose and camellia contain organic rose and citrus essential oils and are suitable for dry and mature skin types while the chamomile spray contains organic mandarin, soothing calendula and of course, chamomile and this one is suitable for all skin types. I thought starting out that I would prefer the rose and camellia as I do have such dry skin but actually I prefer the chamomile. This is purely a personal preference- for me the rose scent is a bit overpowering (it's not a scent I'm a huge fan of anyway) and spraying it on my face is a touch unpleasant for me. However, the chamomile smells divine; it's fresh, citrusy and invigorates the senses. That may not be the effect you're after if you plan on using this as a toner at night after cleansing, but fear not as chamomile is known to be soothing and relaxing. Hurrah! My only worry with these is that the second ingredient in both is alcohol denat, with benzyl alcohol also featuring further down the list- something I generally avoid in my skincare as it can have a drying effect on the skin. I'm willing to give it a go this time though as I am really liking the chamomile mist and I'm hoping the other lovely ingredients balance this out. Both mists retail at €22.95 each.

Image borrowed from the Ali Mac website as my little sample pot is almost empty!

Chamomile Face Balm
Containing rosehip and argan oil (renowned for their healing properties), chamomile and mandarin oil, this is a super soothing balm to promote the skin's natural cell renewal and is suitable for all skin types. This, I LOVE. You know the way sometimes you put on moisturiser and your skin still feels really tight afterwards? Not with this. This is like drinking a tall, cool glass of water, but just for your skin. I use this at night after cleansing, toning and applying serum. I massage the balm between my fingers to heat it slightly, turning it into an oil and then apply it, letting it sink in (which can take a few minutes)...then I enjoy the relief. It really is just a lovely product. Similar to the face mist, it smells beautiful and is something I look forward to using every night. I was actually stuck recently for cleanser and used this- washing it off with a hot muslin cloth and it removed all of my make up and left my skin feeling super soft...so I'm thinking this could be a pretty awesome all rounder. The price for the balm is €39.50 for 50g, which I actually think is very good value. It's taken me ages to use up my sample pot so I can only imagine how long you'd get out of the full size.

If you want to check out more form Ali Mac you can visit and purchase from their website HERE
I have my eye on the Chamomile Cleansing Melt, which looks great. Have you tried anything from Ali Mac?

XX

10 comments:

  1. Oh I love a good balm, this sounds fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm always on the lookout for a good one, really liking this I have to say.

      Delete
  2. These both sound lovely, never heard of the brand before but by the sounds of it, their stuff is very good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth checking out, they seem to do a lot of gift sets too so you can try a few different things.

      Delete
  3. I have the chamomile face balm and I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That balm sounds really fab, my skin is having a serious dry spell, I might invest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great for dry skin, perfect for the cold weather!

      Delete
  5. I have the facial mist - I find it's great for setting my makeup! Especially if I've used powder, to keep y skin from getting too dry :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I didn't try it for setting my make up, must give that a go! x

      Delete