Image Map

Tuesday 18 June 2013

Revlon Super Lustrous Gloss: Kiss Me Coral

Lured into Boots recently, so I was by the need for new liquid eyeliner. Then of course I spotted it was buy-one-get-one half price on all make-up, so obviously I had to get this new coral toned gloss from Revlon too. Obviously. Ahem.

Revlon Super Lustrous Gloss: Kiss Me Coral

These are available in 12 shades (although I don't know how many of those we'll be getting here), and are designed to plump the lips while hydrating and adding a glossy colour-packed shine. So here are my thoughts:

  • Although the formula has a micro-glitter in it, it doesn't feel gritty on the lips but instead has just a nice glossy feel- not too sticky or gloopy.
  • It has a doe-foot applicator which makes it easy to slick on, although it can be easy to put too much on so I would say a mirror is definitely necessary for this one, unless you're only using a tiny amount.
  • There's virtually no scent- I say virtually because if you sniff really carefully (don't do this part in public obviously, to avoid looking like a lunatic), you may detect a very faint hint of caramel. Weird. Either give it a proper smell Revlon, or don't bother.
  • The colour is very pretty and being coral with a hint of shimmer, is perfect for Summer. You can either lightly apply this or go full on with it, as you can see in the photos below:
lightly applied
Revlon Super Lustrous Gloss: Kiss Me Coral
more heavily applied (ridiculous pout optional)

  • Lastly, I will say that like most glosses this isn't hugely long-lasting, if you're planning on eating, drinking or you know, living, then you'll need regular touch-ups. 
Overall, this is a nice product but I can't say it's the best gloss I've ever used and when it's finished I more than likely won't repurchase. It is a pretty Summer lip staple though.
Anyone else tried any of the Revlon super lustrous glosses? If so, what did you think? 
XX

16 comments:

  1. You rock a coral shade lady x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Have become slightly coral obsessed..
      xx

      Delete
  2. Haven't tried but does look lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a huge fan of gloss but this is really pretty, I do like Revlon products. Hate the way Boots lures you in ;-)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really getting into Revlon lately, especially their polishes- such good quality! xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Co! I think it'd suit a lot of skin types too :)

      Delete
  5. Boots, that evil temptress! Lovely colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, I go in for one thing only..never happens! Crazy! :)

      Delete
  6. Ohh this looks beautiful on you, I love this colour! I haven't tried any of their lip glosses, but I'm a huge fan of their lip stains! I dooo have a voucher for Boots so technically it isn't bad to buy one... or two?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think in that case it would be wrong not to get one! They are very nice for the summer alright, definitely worth checking out- there's a nice pink one too :) x

      Delete
  7. Ah the old Boots and the luring...should be a law against it so there should! This is lovely on you - going through a real gloss phase these days myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Think it's the summer, it's just so much easier! :) x

      Delete
  8. oooh so pretty!! I love the pout! :)

    ReplyDelete