Image Map

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Chanel Le Vernis: Bel-Argus

Oh Chanel. Every time I see your beautiful packaging and even more stunning contents, my heart beats a little bit faster. So naturally when I opened my birthday presents this year to this sight....


I was more than a bit excited. I'll go through the other two items when I've had a chance to give them the proper review they deserve but for the time being, here's the beautiful polish, bel-argus, part of Chanel's Summer range.

Chanel Le Vernis: Bel-Argus
Indoor light..
I struggled to take photos of this that would do it justice. It just would not photograph properly for me as it's one of those multi-faceted polishes, depending what way the light hits it it's all sorts of colours, as you can see in the photos above and below. Even describing it is difficult! It's like a metallic electric blue mixed with an oil spill..basically it's just really stunning and I would advise you to go check it out for yourself in real life.

Chanel Le Vernis: Bel-Argus
Natural light, outside
Application was super easy, it dried quickly and only needed two coats. I popped on my usual seche vite top coat and it's still going strong three days later. So it's passed my three tests I use for every nail polish to determine it's worth- the first is application, as I mentioned. Second is durability, especially after cleaning the house and taking a shower (it passed both of these) and the third is himself's seal of approval- if I hear "your nails look lovely" (which I did with this), then I know I'm on to a winner!
I'm off now to stare at my own nails in wonder for another while but in the meantime, let me know in the comments if the uniqueness of Chanel's polishes tempt you as much as they do me!
XX

14 comments:

  1. Awh I love that he comments on your nails. That is so sweet. It's a gorgeous colour. The price tag scares me though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is scary, I had stopped buying them because of the price so it was lovely to get it as a present- such a nice treat! :)

      Delete
  2. I thought I would be ok with just Azure but having seen this post I'm having serious doubts...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Azure looks so beautiful too! Very tempted by that one myself!

      Delete
  3. That is seriously beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the packaging, so luxurious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging just gets me every time! I just think its so perfect! x

      Delete
  5. Fabulous polish! When I paint mine, if husband likes them he'll go "did you put them on your blog?", if he doesn't like them he'll say nothing, it's so funny. As mad as I am about polish, it would take an incredibly unique and special one for me to pay Chanel prices, but I do love admiring them on other people! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's so cute! It's like a secret code! I know what you mean, there's some great dupes out there alright. I really kind of fell in love properly With nail polish when I got my first chanel rouge noir- I still think it's the best ever! So my loyalty will always be with their polishes I think :) x

      Delete
  6. That is an absolutely gorgeous blue. If I could afford it, I'd buy it myself. I've noticed that when I get male comments on my nails, it's usually a metallic/foil color that reminds them of nice car paint colors. I believe one of my deep reds from Zoya reminded my brother off his car's color so he loved it. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes total sense! It really does remind me of a car colour too! Ha ha ha! :) x

      Delete
  7. Looks so beautiful x

    mac lipstick/eyeshadow giveaway - 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete