Image Map

Monday 8 April 2013

Favourite Spring/Summer Lip Colours

The sun has finally decided to make an appearance after what can only be described as bizarre weather with snow and freezing cold temperatures in the last month. Thanks to this happy occurrence I've been merrily rooting out my favourite Spring/Summer lip shades and thought I'd share them with all you lovely lot too.

Benefit, Tom Ford, Chanel Gloss
Topshop, Rimmel, YSL Rouge Pur Couture
Chanel Boy, Revlon Lip Butter, YSL Rouge Volupte Perle

The Rouge Volupte Shine gets its own post..cause it's just too pretty.


Left to Right: Benefit, Tom Ford, Chanel Gloss, Topshop, Rimmel, YSL Rouge Pur Couture, Chanel Boy, Revlon Lip Butter, YSL Rouge Volupte Perle, YSL Rouge Volupte Shine. 


Benefit, Tom Ford, Chanel Gloss, Topshop, Rimmel, YSL Rouge Pur Couture, Chanel Boy.


Rimmel, YSL Rouge Pur Couture, Chanel Boy, Revlon Lip Butter, YSL Rouge Volupte Perle, YSL Rouge Volupte Shine.
  • Benefit Nice Knickers- I won't lie, the name was probably the main attraction to this but it luckily turned out to also be a really nice lip product, it looks like quite a dark red in the swatch but can be worn as a sheer wash of colour or built up a bit more for a night out. Red might not be the obvious choice for this time of year but I am a red lipstick lover at heart so will always have some variation of it knocking about the place! Because this is so glossy, it's not drying on the lips and is a nice option for a warm, sunny daytime.
  • Chanel Levres Scintillantes in Jalousie- I wrote a full review on this bright pink gloss from Chanel before HERE so I won't go on about it but I will say this is the perfect pinky/blue gloss. Gorgeous.
  • Topshop All About Me- One of my favourite bright pinks, I really love Topshop's own make up brand. This is excellent quality for under a tenner. There's some really great shades in the range.
  • Tom Ford True Coral. Swoon. Look at it there. She's a beauty. This also looks way darker in the swatch than it actually is on the lips- really it's super bright. I was originally a bit wary of this lipstick because of that but it just lifts my skin tone completely. Absolutely perfect with a dewy make up base and a flick of black eyeliner. Summer in a tube, this.
  • Chanel Boy. Another great pinky/nude, this is a beautiful delicate daytime shade. I do quite like it with a smokey eye too and I think it suits most skin tones.
  • YSL Rouge Pur Couture in 26. YSL are my all time favourite lipstick brand. Amazing quality, stunning colours and Dear God would you just look at the packaging!! This is an amazing shade of pink- there's a great blue undertone in it so it works well on pale complexions such as myself and the colour is just so funky. Plus it smells like sweets. Bonus.
  • Kate Moss for Rimmel in 16. I mentioned this as part of a wedding outfit post at Christmas, which you can read about HERE. Although that was obviously for a Winter look, this is a really good colour for Spring/Summer as well because it's a matte peach/pink and like nothing else I own.
  • Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait- I wore this ALL last Summer so I'm surprised there's any left. This is a great sparkly peach shade that again, really suits paler skin tones and is a perfect lip product to throw in the bag and head off- definitely no skill needed to apply this one!
  • YSL Rouge Volupte Perle in 107. Another beautiful nude/peach, this glides on and leaves the lips with a lovely natural looking shimmer.
  • YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in 15 Corail Intuitive. I wasn't lying when I said I loved YSL! This is one of the newer shades out at the moment from the brand and I think I may be a little in love with it..a gloriously glossy coral, this just screams Summer to me. I'll be giving this a blog post with more swatches all on it's own, just so we can all luxuriate in it that bit more :)
Let me know in the comments if you have any of these and love them as much as I do, or what your own favourite Spring/Summer lip shade is!
Xx

8 comments:

  1. I have that lip butter and it's definitely my favourite from all the shades they released, so handy. The YSLs look amazing, they are so beautiful! That Rimmel swatch caught my eye on your arm out of all the rest, I must check that one out in reality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so impressed with those Rimmel lipsticks, the pigmentation in them is amazing and the YSLs..oh, heavenly! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my - so much to covet in one post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the packaging on the YSL lippies, they are so luxurious. The Tom Ford shade is to die for, serious swoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so beautifully bright in real life- the photo doesn't do it justice at all! :) x

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I almost don't like using it cause I don't want to ruin the "TF" logo on it- ridiculous I know but it's just so pretty! x

      Delete