Image Map

Saturday 2 March 2013

What's in my Make-Up Bag?!

I do so enjoy reading these sorts of posts on other peoples blogs because I love make-up (clearly) and so I thought it might be nice to do the same myself. This is by no means the limit of the make-up I own..tragically there's plenty more beauty products languishing away, unused in my bathroom. However, depending on the outfit and the season, there is a general rotation of items so the love is shared. Here's what's currently in use:
Firstly my make-up bag is Ted Baker- look how glittery and pretty it is!


Generally I always use either Ted Baker or Cath Kidston make-up bags as they tend to be made of strong, durable material and have that outer plastic covering that can be easily wiped down (as an aside, is there a worse combination of words than 'wipe down'? Other than 'moist crevice', obviously..answers below!), always handy. Also, this is extremely roomy, which is necessary for all the stuff I lug around. So here 'tis:

Face:

  • Pre-moisturiser I use Bi-Serum from Clarins. I find it creates a lovely soft base for my foundation. HERE'S a full review of it.
  • After moisturiser I put on a base of my Soleil Tan de Chanel (below), it gives a nice glow Winter or Summer. I usually work a light layer of it down my neck also, just for the sake of all my skin matching itself..that's the technical term by the way. I usually use some of this over foundation too to contour. 
  • Depending on whether I'm wearing tan or not I use either Armani Designer Lift (Review HERE), Bourjois Healthy Mix (Review HERE) or Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation (FOTD *face of the day* HERE).
  • Concealer wise, I use the Bobbi Brown Corrector and the Concealer set under my eyes and Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (Review HERE) both on the under eye area and for any blemishes. At the moment I'm also trying to use up this Lancome Long-lasting Softening Concealer.
  • Blush again depends on the rest of my make-up but a shade that never leaves my make-up bag is Nars Orgasm.
  • Bronzer wise, I either use the Chanel Tan de Soleil or if I want an all over glow that doesn't take as long to blend in, I use YSL Terra Saharienne Collector edition Bronzing Powder (Review HERE).
  • Highlighter is MAC MSF in Soft and Gentle.
  • To set my foundation, I've been using Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder (Review HERE).
Eyes:
  • Eyebrows are the Sleek Brow Kit and Rimmel's Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Hazel. I then set my brows with Collection's Clear Mascara.
  • I prime my eyes with the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion and over that I've been using Maybelline's 24 Hr Colour Tattoo shadow in Permanent Taupe and Bare Minerals loose bronze shadow a lot lately. The Naked Palette is a firm staple in my bag as well. At the moment I'm using Chanel's Long lasting kohl eyeliner (Review HERE), No.7 Stay Precise Felt Tip Liner (Review HERE) and YSL Shocking mascara, all in black.
Lips:
  • I've been using a myriad of lip products lately: YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain in 10, Dior Diorific in Marilyn (Review HERE), MAC in Rebel, YSL Rouge Pur Couture lipstick, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey (Review HERE), a Lancome Juicy Tubes mini I got free with something and Eve Lom Kiss Mix Lip Balm (Review HERE).

  • L to R: MAC Rebel, YSL Rouge Pur Couture, Dior Diorific in Marilyn, Kate Moss for Rimmel in 16.
Brushes:
  • Lastly, these are all of my make up brushes, which I store in the pot I decorated myself (very proud) at the pottery decorating part of my hen, so I have happy memories every time I reach for a brush :)
It was arduous but we made it through together! As we're here, be sure to let me know in the comments if you have any of these products and what your own current make-up bag favourite is!

19 comments:

  1. Oh wow you've so much in that little make up bag (which i LOOOVEE by the way)Love all your lipsticks and I must get that Revlon just bitten stuff, seems to be a favourite of loads x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That make up bag is deceptively small looking in that photo, it's huge in real life..think it's actually supposed to be a wash bag to hold big bottles of cleanser etc! ;)
      The just bitten lip stains are so lovely- definitely worth checking out! xx

      Delete
  2. is it incredibly wrong that I don't have a make-up bag? I never touch up during the day... I bet that gets me a bad mark in the "Proper Ladies Etiquette Journals"...

    I love your pot for your Brushes though... its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not wrong at all! This doesn't leave the house with me- my back would be broken if it did! I tend not to touch up my make up during the day either. Thank you for liking the pot! I find it quite cheery to look at :) xx

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some great make-up products there!! Love Hydra Quench too from Clarins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah I love it too, my skin tends to be quite dry and that leaves it so soft, it's brilliant! xx

      Delete
  5. Oooh am jealous of your make up bag and all of your bits and bobs! It's huge which means you can bring lots around with you and that makes me happy ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It fits loads, even the naked palette so it's really handy for going away anywhere :) x

      Delete
  6. I love your make up bag!! You've some great products there! I love MAC Soft & Gentle. Wear it most days xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah it's a really lovely product, isn't it? xx

      Delete
  7. Love that makeup bag! I seem to have a big selection of teeny bags which is just really impractical. Great stash too! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah it's an ideal size for us make-up fiends :) xx

      Delete
  8. The prettiest make-up bag my eyes have ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your makeup bag, and that you're a bit of a cosmetics whore (too strong, just the chopping and changing, I'm exactly the same, can't stick with one thing for very long).
    Also, moist crevice! I'm a midwife and we were trained to write 'warm and moist' to comment after vaginal examinations. Euuuw. We declined to write this, and just say normal. Duh. Love your blog x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helo! Ooh thank you for your lovely comment! I had to chuckle as I did my midwifery as well and you're so right- there's so many awful ways like that of describing EVERYTHING :) xx

      Delete
  10. owww i love your post ,, and your blog!!

    i'd love you check out mine! i did the same'ish post xxx
    http://hughesingg.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/whats-in-her-makeup-bag-1.html

    ReplyDelete