Image Map

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Haven't Had a Dream in a Long Time..

If like me you are a fan of The Smiths and/or Joy Division ("fan" doesn't really cover it where I'm concerned..) then you'll enjoy these art cards from the Spotted Sparrow.




The company makes vintage style cards, stationery and affordable art- often in a cool mix of victorian illustrations, newspaper pages and the titles of well known 1980's songs. These are available from not on the high street.com, one of my favourite websites to pick up slightly unusual gifts. The option to have the company print a personal message inside the card and send it directly to your loved one is also available and would make a pretty cool birthday card for the music lover in your life. They also have "Shoot that Poison Arrow Through my Heart" and "You Spin Me Right Round Baby, Right Round" titles, which I love too but the pictured song titles above are two of my all time favourites so it gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling to see these.
It's fair to say I was born in the wrong decade.
Both of these cards are available in large prints, ready to be framed and hung but I specifically wanted the smaller cards to hang on a narrow wall in my hall. My only fear is that every time I pass these I'll burst into song, something that I'm sure Dr Fancy Pants will be only delighted about..

1 comment: