Image Map

Thursday 19 April 2012

Chanel Levres Scintillantes

This little beauty- a recent gift from the Duty Free, is from Chanel's lip gloss range, described by the brand thusly:

"Gorgeous shimmer and a high-shine glow is delivered effortlessly to lips with just one stroke of this best-selling lipgloss. A wide range of shades, from sheer and natural to sparkling and rich, look beautiful on their own, or over your favorite CHANEL lipstick. Equally beautiful: the conditioning formula's comfort and long wear."    www.chanel.com


                                                                            Butterfly clips from Penneys, 3 euro for 2.

I was after a nice bright pink with the potential to drag me away from my beloved YSL red gloss/stain. This shade is called "Jalousie", no 169. I do love this, the colour is beautiful and highly pigmented, the formula is thick enough that it makes an impact on the lips but at the same time is easy to apply and there's just a slight sparkle which is nice as I don't like too much glitteriness.
God knows the beautiful Chanel packaging (handbag candy alert!!) always helps too but I will say, this doesn't last long through food or drink so regular reapplication is necessary. I consider this to be a minor flaw though..it's worth it for the prettiness!! Generally I'm wary of bright pinks on blondes because I personally feel hot pinks can look a bit trashy on us fair haired types but for some reason this is actually very flattering. Yay!
This is a swatch on my hand in natural light and flash:


And here it is, on my actual face, that being the best place for it:


2 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty colour! and it looks so great on you! Lights your face up. Love it! and your skin looks good, so no need to apologise.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thank you Ria! It is a great colour I have to say, really not sure the photos do it justice! xx

    ReplyDelete